Carol McEwan, OWNER, DESIGNER.
I’m Carol, a designer based near Glasgow.
If you hire me as a freelance designer, you are getting a senior designer with over 20 years of design experience but at an affordable rate for the individual or small business, offering true value for money.
My fashion design career started when my Gran taught me how to sew and make clothes for my dolls! I now have a slightly more high tech method of designing – using a powerful apple mac computer and some swanky software (although I’ve still been known to go ‘old school’ and pull out the pen and pencils).
My career in fashion has lead me to travel all over the world, from New York to Hong Kong and a few less glamorous places in between! My designs have been in many UK and European high street stores and I’ve worked on some well known brands such as ellesse, SoulCal, Firetrap & Le coq sportif. It’s always a thrill when I see someone wearing something I’ve designed.
Previously I’ve taught how to screen print onto textiles, at the West Yorkshire Print Workshop in Mirfield and I hope to teach workshops again in the future as it’s always fun helping people create new ideas.
The Wee Design Studio
The Wee Design Studio started when I set up an Etsy shop to fund my screen printing hobby. I loved selling printed bags to a shop in Japan one day and art prints to a customer in New York the next. I soon realised however, that most of my business was coming from custom requests – helping people create artwork for their own little design projects.I branched out into selling digital clipart designs instead of physical prints and this is still going on my Etsy Shop today.
I’ve also had lots of repeat business from some lovely people who I help out with various design projects. This can be illustrations for social media, help with Christmas card designs, logo designs for a new business or adapting some of my clipart designs for someone to sell on their own products.
A few nice things people have said about the Wee Design Studio’s work. Aw shucks.
• Lovely, detailed piece of work, which will be a treasured gift. Shipped quickly too – many thanks for an excellent service.
• A very talented, lovely lady! Very pleased with my artwork, fast service, excellent communication and definitely the best design I have found. A pleasure to deal with and would highly recommend! I would definitely use again in the future. Thank you!
• Really love it and will be certainly recommending you to everyone. Thanks so much for being able to get it done in such a short time frame as well, really do appreciate it.
• Absolutely gorgeous artwork. Super quick delivery and very friendly service. Would definitely purchase again!
• AWESOME communication and perfect experience. Thanks!
Freelance fashion, illustration, branding & custom design commissions – all made with love from a wee studio near Glasgow.
Here’s a little of what we do –
• Signed Giclée Fine Art Prints
• Branding & logos for business start ups and online shops.
• Custom illustrations to help refresh content on social media such as Facebook adverts.
• Christmas card designs
• Custom designs for clothing & gift product ranges
• Portraits: little drawings of people from photos (ideal as gifts/save the date/invitations or just a print to hang on your wall.)
If you are interested in working together I would love to hear from you!
You can e-mail any questions or queries to – firstname.lastname@example.org